Next year is going to be awesome. How do I know? Because I'm going to make it awesome. Here's a quick overview on what to expect from this blog in the future.
What's coming up?
I'm very excited for 2014 and I think it's going to be a busy year with many great things to come. I plan to write posts about my personal projects and technology that interests me as well as other topics close to my heart including:
- my New Year's resolutions
- my entrepreneurial activities
- Becoming a Mozillian and contributing to the Mozilla Project
- Developing for Chromecast
- including perhaps a lot of complaining about the delays surrounding the launch of the official Chromecast SDK
- speculation on gaming with with mobile devices and Chromecast
- Developing for Firefox OS
- unboxing and first impressions of the ZTE Open Firefox Phone
- upgrading the ZTE Open's firmware
- Developing for Android devices
- unboxing and first impressions of the second generation Nexus 7
- installing third party firmware to the second generation Nexus 7
- installing third party firmware to the Galaxy Express
- Visiting and potentially joining the JaxHax hackerspace.
Here are a few New Year's resolutions I'd like to share in a public forum:
- I will minimize the negative influence of those I associate with who do not reinforce the attitudes and habits that will empower me to succeed.
There are people in my life that are lazy and complacent. These are qualities that are not compatible with the future I want to create for myself. While I may not be able to completely sever the social ties that I share with these people, I have the ability to minimize my contact and association with them.
- I will find and associate with persons that reinforce the habits and attitudes that will empower me to succeed.
Likewise with the first resolution, I must choose to integrate those whose drive and goals are compatible with my drive and goals and increase my contact and association with them.
- I will endeavor to reinforce the attitudes and habits that will empower those with whom I associate with to succeed!
It is important to recognize that I, too, must contribute something to those people with whom I choose to associate. I want my friends and associates to find the same encouragement and positivity in me that I hope to find in them.
- I will make radical changes to my diet and lifestyle and reap the physical and mental rewards that accompany good health.
This must be the universal New Year's resolution that everyone fails in the first month. But I don't think it's impossible to keep this one (despite my track record of failing it in the past!) and I'll do the best I can to make it a reality.
Sharing my resolutions publicly keeps me motivated. These aren't simply goals (I'll outline some of my goals for the year in another post), these are some of the fundamental tenets I wish to live by day-to-day, for the rest of my life.
I realize that most New Years resolutions are broken, and broken pretty early in the year. Perhaps I'm just riding on the emotional high after a bittersweet and busy holiday season, but I can say truthfully that I have never been more motivated to pursue my goals than ever before in my life.
If 2014 is going to be a great year it will be because I'm going to make it a great year. I'll take complete responsibility for that, and I'll start here and now.